Saturday, October 9, 2010

I received some sad news

I feel like I am in a bit of a blur right now. I received news on Monday morning that my uncle had suffered a heart attack at his home in Hawaii. Initially the damage was assumed to be stemming from one totally blocked artery and one partially blocked one. He was put into a medically induced coma to await double bypass surgery but he died unexpectedly on Tuesday night. I am heartbroken and in shock. He was a healthy man, only 62 and this had been very hard for everyone to process. He was my father's eldest brother and my dad is taking it hard.
I will be flying to Hawaii for the funeral on the 21st and returning on the 26th. I may not blog again before I return, I will try to catch up with it afterwards.

2 comments:

Awesomeness said...

I'm so sorry about your uncle, lady. Have a safe trip.

Stitches In Time said...

Thanks Ronin. It's been tough :(