Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Easy Banana Cream Pie Recipe

My mum baked stuff for us every week. We always had a fresh supply of homemade cookies, cakes, bread and pies. One of my favourite pies that my mum made was her Banana Cream Pie. I had a craving for it last night so I called her and got her recipe for it. It calls for only 3 ingredients so its as easy as,well.....pie!


All you need is a pie crust, either store bought or home made, 3 bananas and a box of Jello brand Vanilla pudding. Thaw or bake your pie shell and allow to cool. 
Prepare the pudding as per the box instructions and set aside to thicken
Thinly slice the banana into the pie shell and layer with the pudding. Smooth the top with the back of a wooden spoon.


Optionally, you can sprinkle the top with some sweetened shredded coconut, or cover with whipped cream. Place in fridge to chill for an hour and serve. Enjoy!!






For more handmade, homemade delights, check out my shop at http://stichesintime.etsy.com

No comments: