Saturday, September 25, 2010

Moving In The Right Direction

Hi! It's been awhile, I know. I haven't posted since early spring, but there has been a lot going on. First, we put our house up for sale and then we bought a new house in a different town. Between showing the old house, packing, a vacation to the cottage, moving and renovating, it has been a crazy busy summer! My brother and his family came to visit from Edmonton and my husband's little sister got married. Now we are moved in and settled and my eldest son is back in school and I have more time to dedicate to Stitches In Time.

  Sales were good over the summer, averaging about 1 a week, which is what I aim for. But I left my shop unattended for too long and now it seems Google has forgotten all about me. All across Etsy people are complaining of low views and sales. No one knows if it is seasonal or what. It's feeling a bit reminiscent of the Dopple mess of the spring!

It seemed a good idea, in view of the unpredictability of Etsy views, to spread myself around a bit. I opened a shop at Zibbet in Dec of 09 but haven't had any luck there. Which is entirely my own fault, I think, since I haven't promoted it at all and just let it sit there. Yesterday I opted in to the awesome deal ArtFire has going on. If you sign up before Oct 1 2010, you can get a Pro account for only $5.95 a month. That works out to .20 a day! Unbeatable, considering the amount of money most sellers have to spend renewing just to be seen on Etsy. I think Artfire, now that it is out of Beta, has a good thing going and will continue to grow. Artfire is very customer service oriented, and Etsy is not. Artfire has NO renewing, which is very appealing and they don't take a final sale value cut either. So Stitches In Time is now on Artfire! The Etsy shop will continue to be my primary shop simply because all of my SEO is geared to that shop. That will likely change in the coming months and hopefully my Artfire shop will take off.

So I moved around a lot in the last few months but now I am back and ready to get to work!

Remember that I am always looking for custom knitting or crochet work, let me know if you have something you would like me to make for you!

No comments: